How do I process OCONUS expenses using actuals?
Reimbursement of actuals must be approved PRIOR to travel.
If the actual reimbursement method is approved, ALL expenses for that type of expenditure (lodging, meals or both) for the entire trip must be claimed on an actual basis and supported by receipts. The per diem for lodging and/or meals claimed as actual must be marked as provided in per diem allowances in the Expenses and Adjustments screen.
Lodging: The default expense type will be Hotel/Motel (itemization required):
- Edit the transaction and change the expense type to OCONUS Actual Lodging.
- Itemization is still required.
- Do NOT select the Deduct from Reimbursement box.
Meals:The default expense type will be PCARD Meal Expense.
- If the expense is an individual meal:< >Edit the transaction and change the expense type to OCONUS Actual Meals.Do NOT select the Deduct from Reimbursement box.If the expense is a group meal:
- Edit the transaction and change expense type to Group Meal (attendees required).
- Complete all required fields.