How do I reduce per diem reimbursement to actuals?
Calculate Actual Expenses
- Per Diem Allowance: total all Fixed Meal entries for all days of travel in the Expense List.
- Actual Expense: total all individual PCARD Meal Expense entries and add any out-of-pocket meal expenses for all days of travel .
- Amount of Reduction: subtract the Actual Expense amount from the Per Diem Allowance amount.
Add Reimbursement Reduction Entry
- Click New Expense in the Expense List;
- On right side of screen select Reimbursement Reduction expense type located in the "Other" category in the Expense Type field.
- Enter the Amount of Reduction (from the above calculation) as a negative number and enter a comment explaining the reason for the reduction. Reductions should not be done day-by-day.
- Type the reason for the reduction into the comments field of the Reimbursement Reduction.
- Click Save.
The amount will show up as a negative and a review of Report Totals page will indicate the total reimbursement due to the traveler has been reduced by the Reimbursement Reduction entry.